Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Red Dining Table

I'm a garage sale junkie. I haven't found much time to go lately, but if I had the time I would go every week. I stumbled across this table for 30 bucks at a garage sale. It was in great condition, very sturdy, and expanded with a hide a leaf....better than the one in my house. I had never refinished furniture before but I had been following some blogs and wanted to give it a try. So I bought the table and went to work on my very first project. I learned some things, like lint free cloths are a must. But for the most part I was proud of my first try.

Finished Top
I recovered the chairs in this fabric I found at Joann's and put plastic vinyl on the seats for easy clean-up.



The distress and glaze up close.


I took this picture to put it for sale. I painted it red because most kitchens seem to be red, mine was yellow so it wouldn't work, but after I was all done my husband wished we would of keep it. I do have to thank my husband because he helps me with a lot of the work.



Before distressed and glazed.






The original color. I forgot to get a picture of the whole thing, but this gives you a good idea. There were a few scratches, but for 30 bucks it was a steal even in its condition.


No comments:

Post a Comment