Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Distressed Vanity


I refinished this vanity for my stepsister for her wedding. It was her grandmothers and it had been sitting outside in my mothers backyard for a few years. I didn't get a before picture, but it was in bad condition and needed to be sanded because all the paint was chipping. It originally had a laminate top that was falling apart so I had my husband rebuild one out of real wood. He also wired a new light fixture inside because the original one was so outdated they don't sale light bulbs for them anymore.






I love the rich look of stained wood. Almost all my furniture has it. This was my first attempt at white. I have to say I hate dealing with white. Especially when you are restoring old furniture. The paint takes more in dry spots than in others and when you are applying the brown glaze you don't have much control over how much it takes. I cursed the entire project and vowed to never do white again.When the project was done I was very happy and pleased with the outcome. I imediately started the look for an old piece of furniture to redo the same for myself.


After it was all sanded, but before any paint was applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment