Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Buffet

After redoing a vanity for my sister for her wedding I feel in love and started looking for my own. Everytime I found one on craigslist I would call and it would be gone within 10 minutes of the post. I was starting to get discouraged, then I found this beauty. The lady wanted 50 bucks. She put it was a project she had never got around to. I made my husband take the 45 minute drive to go get it. When I got there it wasn't in as good of shape as I had hoped. A real antique, but a lot of work. My husband thought I was out of my mind.


I sanded and sanded. I wanted to top to be a rich wood. The whole thing was covered with some sort of soft white fill. When I started sandind I could tell why. It looked like this piece had spent a lot of time outside and someone had put the white stuff on trying to restore it. I'm sure its an antique, but I can't find a company name or date on it.

See all the cracks!! Yikes!!



Everytime you touched it the hardware would fall off. At first I was going to reuse it, but with 2 little ones I need something sturdier.



The Finish. I Love it. We lost the keyhole in the garage. I've been looking trying to find 2 more. The ones on he draw we just repainted and they look awesome.






Now the cracks looked distressed.



Picture perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment