Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Blue Buffet

My sister hasn't owned her house for very long, so she is still decorating and looking for the "perfect" furniture to put in it. I saw this on craigslist and convinced her she needed it. Should I say I love buffets, they are my favorite piece of furniture to redo. This mini buffet is far from perfect I know. But I saw this DIY chalk paint tutorial on pinterest and I was just dying to try it. You can check it out here.



The whole time we were doing this project I was so disappointed in the chalk paint, probably because it was 100 degrees outside and the paint keep getting clumpy. We also used the Vaseline trick where you put Vaseline on the furniture before you paint it so that the paint doesn't stick there, that didn't work for us as well as it usually does because it was so stink'n hot that the Vaseline keep dripping. I think with all the complaining my sister thought I hated how it turned out, but it was just the technique I was frustrated with. In fact I'm totally loving it. I can't wait to go to here house and see how it looks in it. The paint is the same paint she painted her living room wall in.





The more I look through the pictures, the more I am falling in love with this little blue buffet. I may even try chalk painting again, when it's cooler of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment